NEW ORLEANS, LA—AUGUST 29, 2016—Fair Grounds Racecourse will end its 10-day summer Quarter Horse meet on Saturday, as the track offers a 10-race closing-day program that features five stakes.
Saturday’s feature race, the 350-yard, $323,488 Louisiana QHBA Sale Futurity (RG1) (see related story), has drawn a full field of 10 state-bred 2-year-olds. Following is a preview of the other four stakes:
Double H Racing Investments LLC’s First Prize Denim, a graded stakes winning son of world champion Oak Tree Special, will make his firs
Read More ...
- Fair Grounds Ends Meet With Stakes Extravaganza
- Fair Grounds Donates to Louisiana Flood Relief
- One Hot Flame Leads Exceptional Group In $323,488 LQHBA Sale Futurity
- Exquisite Stride Wins Esplanade, B And G Fast Dash Wins Faubourgh St. John Stakes at Fair Grounds
- Consignment Forms Available for Fall LQHBA Mixed Sale
- Grade 3 Winner Exquisite Stride to LACER in 2017
- Louisiana Shines Last Weekend At Ruidoso Downs
- Fair Grounds Hosts Trio of Stakes on Saturday's Card
- One Hot Flame Sets Top Mark in Rich LQHBA Sale Futurity Trials
- Louisiana-Breds in Spotlight in Fair Grounds Saturday Stakes Tripleheader
LQHBA Insider -
KENNETH ROBERTS, SR.
The usually calm, cool and collected Kenneth Roberts, Sr. was a little on edge on Saturday, July 9. It was the closing night of the 2016 Delta Downs Quarter Horse meet and Roberts was tied in the trainer standings with last year's winner, Michael Taylor.
"He won't admit it, but he was nervous," said his brother Roy.
Taylor won the opener when Chaos got the head bob in a 400 yard maiden race. Roberts tied it up with a runaway romp by B and G Fast Dash in the $50,000 Live Oak Stakes. His newly minted 870 yard runner drew off by 5 1/2 lengths under rider Donald Watson, who piloted
|Stallions Spotlight||Search Stallions|