OPELOUSAS, LA—OCTOBER 20, 2016—The Louisiana Quarter Horse Breeders Association (LQHBA) will present its 2016 Fall Mixed Sale on Saturday, October 29. The action begins at 10:00 am at the Equine Sales of Louisiana, LLC sale pavilion in Opelousas, Louisiana.
This marks the third year that the event will be held in Opelousas, just minutes away from Evangeline Downs, which is in the middle of its annual Quarter Horse racing season.
The catalog lists 202 head and gives prospective buyers a wide selection from weanlings and yearlings, to broodmares, stallions and horses of racing age. Since 1986, the sale has offered consignors an opportunity t
Read More ...
- LQHBA Fall Mixed Sale, Minimal Investments for Quality Racing and Breeding Prospects
- LQHBA Fall Mixed Sale Catalog Available Online
- Going the Distance with Jockey Donell Blake
- Services Set Thursday for Jackson Jumonville
- Heza Louisiana Dash Wins The Amelia Belle Stakes at Evangeline Downs
- Barefoot Beach Impressive In Winning The Evangeline Downs Dash
- Champion Sire Spit Curl Jess Dead at 15
- Open Me A Corona Headlines Evangeline’s Amelia Belle
- LQHBA Board Meeting, Open Yearling Sale Forum Set October 5th
- Quarter Horse Racing Returns To Evangeline Downs 46-Night Schedule Kicks Off On Wednesday
LQHBA Insider -
WHAT WE DID ON OUR SUMMER VACATION
This is a slightly deceptive title to this month's LQHBA Insider as the very busy Louisiana Quarter Horse community is blessed with a full racing calendar and very lucrative breeding program. We decided to check in with a few of the hard-working association members to see what they have been up to between the Fair Grounds and Evangeline Downs meets.
Dr. Larry Findley
LQHBA board member Larry Findley, DVM, founded Delta Equine Center in 1983. His practice and equine emergency clinic is open seven days a week throughout the year, but Dr. Findley explains that many important g
|Stallions Spotlight||Search Stallions|